A multi days white water rafting expedition on Alaknanda and Ganga rivers one of the finest as acclaimed by seasoned rafters. The mesmerizing valleys of Himalayas, lush green forests and emerald-green river makes rafting expedition on Alaknanda and Ganga a unforgettable experience. This rafting trip will lasts four days and is a self contained tour where the crew carries night camping equipments and ration to cook. Camping sites are chosen keeping in mind the safety and feasibility of necessary resources. Adhering to cleanliness we vacate campsite like the way it was. No trash or leftovers behind. All these elements of rafting expedition on Alaknanda and Ganga are enough to leave you spellbind once the trip is over.
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY
Day 01: Rishikesh – Srinagar – Bagwan
Drive from Rishikesh to Srinagar (100 km / 3.5 hrs). Today we do rafting on Alaknanda for a short distance of 12-kms – from Srinagar to Bagwan. Night halt and dinner at campsite.
Day 02: Bagwan – Beas Ghat
Early morning tea and an early breakfast. A relatively longer day of rafting of about 30-km. Some challenging unnamed rapids of cat III and below to be negotiated. Rafting at the confluence of Bhagirathi meeting Alaknanda is a great experience. From hereon you are on river Ganga. Night halt and dinner at Byas Ghat campsite.
Day 03: Beas Ghat – Kaudiyala – Marin Drive
A difficult day on river where the team would encounter the famous The Wall and Daniel's Dip rapids. Some lesser category rapids to follow. Night halt and dinner Marine Drive campsite.
Day 04: Marin Drive to Rishikesh
Today we will find a flurry of rapids on our way to Rishikesh and to the end of the tour. Beginning from Marine you will encounter Three Blind Mice – the three rapids that comes one after the other. Followed by Crossfire, Return to Sender, Roller Coaster, Golf Course and Double Trouble to name a few.
We wind up the trip in Rishikesh and the group would be transferred to either our beach camps or hotel.
- This expedition requires a minimum of 6 committed rafters.
- Previous rafting and kayaking experience is expected
- Best months for rafting are February, March, April, May, June, Mid September, October and November
Expedition Related Info:
What does the package include?
- All rafting gear like rafts, life jackets, helmets, paddling jackets, safety kayaks, dry bags,
- Camping gear including tents, sleeping bags and first aid.
- River guide and support crew for camp.
- All Indian meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Morning evening tea or coffee
- Permits and fees
What is excluded?
- personal expenses
- Alcoholic beverage
- Anything not mentioned in the above schedule/program.
What should I bring with me?
- Comfortable clothes, preferably wet suit
- Waterproof sandals or floaters
- Sunscreen cream
- Toilet kit
- Personal things
- Personal outdoor gears
- Winter clothing between Oct to March.